quinta-feira, 2 de julho de 2015

TV show quote: Buffy

Buffy:  Willow? (disbelieving) And Xander? Wow. Everybody's in. It's like a
great big exciting conspiracy.

Angel:  What are you talking about?

Buffy:  I'm talking about the people I trust. Who's Drusilla?

Angel lowers his eyes, seeing he's been caught in a lie.

Buffy:  And don't lie to me. I'm tired of it.

Angel:  Some lies are necessary.

Buffy:  For what?

Angel:  Sometimes the truth is worse. You live long enough, you find that out.

Buffy:  I can take it. I can take the truth.

(...)

Buffy has tears in her eyes as she lays a bouquet of red roses on Ford's grave. She stands up again and walks back to Giles.

Buffy:  I don't know what I'm supposed to say.

Giles:  You needn't say anything.

Buffy:  It'd be simpler if I could just hate him. I think he wanted me to. I think it made it easier for him to be the villain of the piece. Really he was just scared.

Giles:  Yes, I suppose he was.

Buffy:  Nothing's ever simple anymore. I'm constantly trying to work it out. Who to love or hate. Who to trust. It's just, like, the more I know, the more confused I get.

Giles:  I believe that's called growing up.

Buffy:  I'd like to stop then, okay?

Giles:  I know the feeling.

Buffy:  Does it ever get easy?

Ford suddenly rises from his grave, a vampire just like he wanted, and attacks Buffy. She plunges a stake into his heart with no more effort than swatting a fly. He steps back and looks at the stake protruding from his chest. He looks back up and bursts into ashes.

Giles:  You mean life?

Buffy:  Yeah. Does it get easy?

Giles:  What do you want me to say?

Buffy:  (looks up at him) Lie to me.

Giles:  (considers a moment) Yes, it's terribly simple.

They start walking out of the cemetery.

Giles:  The good guys are always stalwart and true, the bad guys are easily distinguished by their pointy horns or black hats, and, uh, we always defeat them and save the day. No one ever dies, and everybody lives happily ever after.

Buffy:  Liar.

---

Eu sempre me senti atraída pela expressão 'lie to me'. Que eu me lembre, a primeira vez que observei um uso dela foi alguns anos atrás, ao som da gorda capitalista idiota (é meio que triste o quão bobo eu acho chamar ela de gorda, agora. Preferia ser boba) 

" Lie to me / convince me that I've been sick forever / And all of this / will make sense when I get better" - Breath no more (Evanescence)

A expressão é meio que uma súplica, um pedido desesperado  para que alguém traga de volta uma ilusão - ilusão que a gente reconhece ser ilusão - para amenizar alguma coisa horrível da realidade. 

É tão eu. E aí temos de novo a expressão, agora em Buffy. Bom, tecnicamente Buffy veio primeiro, agora é que eu estou pensando nisso. Mas enfim. Ela está lidando com um aspecto extremamente chato do crescimento, e quer, por um segundo que seja, escapar da realidade que é a falta de certezas, os matizes que fazem com que o bem e o mal, o certo e o errado, estejam sempre interligados em tudo. 

Acho que eu meio que faço esse pedido diariamente para todos os livros/ fics que eu leio, filmes, séries e etc que eu assisto. Mintam para mim. Mostrem-me um mundo em que o mal se veste de preto ou tem cara de cobra. Mostrem-me cenários em que a maçante porra do cotidiano não é tão pesada porque fazer prevalecer o bem contra o mal nunca é tedioso.

O engraçado é que Buffy é uma das minhas fugas, e ela mesma rejeita a mentira que ela solicitou para Giles. No fim das contas, ela viu que a verdade é pesada, como Angel tentou adverti-la, mas ainda assim ela chama Giles de mentiroso no final.

Ela é mais corajosa do que eu.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário