quarta-feira, 8 de outubro de 2014

Count your blessings, they say. Maybe they are right. Yesterday Gabriel came here by his own desire. He texted me Monday through facebook and asked if we could study yesterday. I agreed, wanting him to give up in the last minute. But no, he came. And we did just eat and talk, but it was good. He is reading now. He borrowed a book on library to read and another to keep while he is reading the first one, so no one can borrow the book he wants to read. This isn't a great strategy, but it shows he is trully interested. And he said he thinks he have a big IQ, but his education was neglected while he was a child. I confess I was impressed by his statements. And really, really, really proud of him. He said, too, that he thinks he is depressed. This made me sad, but happy too. This means he recognizes he have some issues that are not necessarily part of him, issues that can be solved. And he said, in the text, the he is thankful for me helping him. I did an effort to help him, but I honestly didn't expect to be recognized because maybe I wasn't of help at all, despite of my intention. Well, it seems I did helped him, and seems he thinks that way too. So, maybe they are right, and I really should be counting my blessings.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário