segunda-feira, 6 de outubro de 2014

TV show quote: Daria

"Daria - You know... I had everything more or less under control. I'm not saying it was great, but I could deal with school, I could deal with home, and now nothing's under control.
Helen - It never is, sweetie. We just tell ourselves otherwise so we can function.
Daria - Who came up with that stupid arrangement?
Helen - It's called life.
Daria - Life sucks.
Helen - Yes. Sometimes. (pause) Often.
Daria - That's reassuring.
Helen - But it still beats the alternative. Honey, things will work out. I don't know how, but they will.
Daria - You don't know how? What kind of parental wisdom is that?
Helen - Honest?
Daria - Don't you have to be getting back to that huge case of yours?
Helen - Oh, don't worry about that. It's completely under control.
(Daria smiles slightly at Helen's joke, showing there's some signs of improvement)"

Então, fingimos que temos as coisas sob controle para podermos funcionar? É assim que a maior parte das pessoas faz? Porque a cada dia que passa eu reconheço cada vez mais que existem muitas e muitas pessoas que sofrem angústias semelhantes às minhas. Como elas lidam com elas? Fingindo? Bom, eu tenho feito muito bem a parte de fingir. E nem por isso eu acho que eu esteja de boa. É, Daria, life sucks.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário